Summer Reading Program Coordinators -
(Canada Summer Jobs - 7 week Position in July and Aug)
The McPherson Municipal Library, in Ryley, is accepting applications for the position of Summer Reading Program coordinators
The position of Summer Reading Program Student includes the following tasks, including but not limited to:
- Planning games and activities for children of various ages.
- Assist in in the development of reading skills as well as aid children with reading challenges
- Answering phones as well as send faxes if required
- Cataloging, circulating and shelving library materials in a timely manner
- Cleaning the library
- Helping people with computers and printing ,material for them
- Collecting monies and reconciling on a regular basis
- Collecting and delivering mail
- Oversee circulation
- Provide leadership and oversee groups of children while they play and create crafts
- Work as a team member to assist in and promote library services
- Demonstrate continuing professional development
- Be between 15-30 yrs of age returning to school or post secondary schooling.
- Technological skills – proficiency in word, excel, resume building, email development and be comfortable to assist others
- must be able to and be comfortable working in a public setting while working unsupervised and independently
- must be extremely organized, punctual and reliable
- Initiative, flexibility, and creativity in the creation or adaption of services
- Strong user-centered focus
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with colleagues
- Willing to acquire further training that may be required and/or offered by the Library Board
The wage range for this position is min wage
Hours of work are 20/38 hour per week.
Sunday, and all Statutory Holidays CLOSED. Saturdays of a Holiday weekend are also CLOSED
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled, however, for full consideration, you are strongly urged to submit your credentials before April 20th, 2018. Send cover letter, resume and names, address, phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off in person at The McPherson Library in Ryley Alberta.